End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- December 12, 2015 — cbc.ca Former Winnipeg radio DJ, scouts leader, sentenced 7 years for sex crimes against children: Christopher Elwick was charged with sexual assault, possession of child pornography and sexual interference
- July 29, 2015 — cbc.ca Ex-Scouts leader faces sex charges 3 years after others raised concerns: Scouts Canada confirms it was made aware of concerns about Larry Kiska in 2012
- July 29, 2015 — cjob.com Former Scout Leader Faces Sex Charges
- July 7, 2015 — theglobeandmail.com Alberta youth faces sex charges including at Scouts Canada, Cadets Canada trips
- July 7, 2015 — edmontonjournal.com Red Deer youth involved with Scouts Canada and Cadets Canada faces numerous sexual assault charges
- July 7, 2015 — cbc.ca Alberta sex assault suspect involved with Scouts Canada, Cadets Canada: Red Deer teen faces several charges over 4-year period