End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- February 6, 2023 — anglicanjournal.com Class-action lawsuit against Ralph Rowe heads to mediation: Diocese, Scouts Canada acknowledge legal responsibility for harm caused by former priest who sexually abused dozens of Indigenous boys
- January 16, 2023 — therecord.com Kitchener ‘monster’ denied parole: Former Scout leader pleaded guilty in 2001 to sex charges involving 20 boys, one girl
- January 5, 2023 — piquenewsmagazine.com B.C. man alleges hundreds of sexual assaults by Scout leader, church volunteer: Local meetings of the North America Man/Boy Love Association were held in Langley and Aldergrove, a B.C. Supreme Court notice of civil claim says.
- January 2, 2023 — vancouversun.com Alleged victim launches suit against convicted child sex abuser and those who enabled him
- August 8, 2022 — ottawacitizen.com 'Is this justice?' victim questions after convicted Ottawa sex offender granted day parole
- January 26, 2022 — thespec.com ‘A parent’s worst nightmare’: Victim impact statements read at babysitter sexual assault sentencing hearing: ‘Who did we leave our children with — the devil?’ One father told court about Michael Andress