End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- September 19, 2018 — lethbridgeherald.com Sentencing delayed in child porn case
- August 24, 2018 — ottawacitizen.com New sex-abuse lawsuit filed against Scouts Canada in Ottawa
- July 27, 2018 — ottawacitizen.com Police charge former Scout leader with gross indecency following historical investigation
- July 16, 2018 — cbc.ca Teacher suspended on Alberta First Nation pleads guilty to child porn charges: Mark Anderson, who made the plea in Lethbridge Monday, also involved in minor sports and Scouts Canada
- March 7, 2018 — ottawacitizen.com Ottawa man launches $4.5M suit against Scouts Canada over sexual abuse claims
- December 9, 2017 — thestar.com Toronto police officer admits to inappropriate sexual relationship with youth group member: Const. Kevin Ward pleaded guilty at a police disciplinary tribunal to carrying on a sexual relationship with a participant of the 22 Division Rovers.