End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- September 12, 2019 — ottawacitizen.com 'Twisted damage:' Ex-Ottawa Boy Scout leader jailed six years for child-sex crimes
- August 28, 2019 — brantfordexpositor.ca Prison for former Scout leader, coach
- August 13, 2019 — ottawacitizen.com 'Twisted damage' inflicted by former Scout leader in historical sex crimes against boys
- May 1, 2019 — lfpress.com Abuse survivor speaks out as ex-Scouts leader faces new sex charges: Sam Koster always feared he wasn’t the only one
- March 26, 2019 — lfpress.com Former Scout leader, hockey coach guilty of assault
- November 2, 2018 — guelphmercury.com Former Guelph Scouts leader Brandy Pierce guilty of giving sex toys to children: The Guelph man, 38, gave artificial vaginas and a dildo to youth, the court heard