End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- March 7, 2018 — ottawacitizen.com Ottawa man launches $4.5M suit against Scouts Canada over sexual abuse claims
- December 9, 2017 — thestar.com Toronto police officer admits to inappropriate sexual relationship with youth group member: Const. Kevin Ward pleaded guilty at a police disciplinary tribunal to carrying on a sexual relationship with a participant of the 22 Division Rovers.
- December 7, 2017 — metronews.ca Toronto police officer admits to inappropriate sexual relationship with youth group member: Const. Kevin Ward pleaded guilty at a police disciplinary tribunal to carrying on a sexual relationship with a participant of the 22 Division Rovers, who range in age from 18-26.
- October 23, 2017 — thestar.com Former scout leader facing child pornography charges: Toronto police said a 54-year-old Ajax man allegedly sent images of child sexual abuse during online chats
- July 25, 2017 — ctvnews.ca Sexual misconduct allegations not connected to Scouts activity: police
- July 21, 2017 — ctvnews.ca Guelph man charged with child luring, other sex offences