End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- July 25, 2017 — ctvnews.ca Sexual misconduct allegations not connected to Scouts activity: police
- July 21, 2017 — ctvnews.ca Guelph man charged with child luring, other sex offences
- July 21, 2017 — guelphmercury.com Former Guelph Scouts volunteer faces sex-related charges: Brandy Pierce, 37, had been volunteering with Guelph Scouts since 1998
- September 20, 2016 — lfpress.com Former Boy Scout Leader Chad Tucker pleas guilty to sexual interference
- July 14, 2016 — cbc.ca Sexual assaults during Scouts Canada camps nets probation for Red Deer man: Must also complete 140 hours of community service
- May 26, 2016 — cbc.ca Scouts Canada drops lawsuit against parents of alleged abuse victim who killed himself: Lawsuits blaming parents of abuse victims a troubling trend, lawyer says