End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- January 26, 2022 — thespec.com ‘A parent’s worst nightmare’: Victim impact statements read at babysitter sexual assault sentencing hearing: ‘Who did we leave our children with — the devil?’ One father told court about Michael Andress
- June 24, 2021 — cbc.ca Scouts Canada employee charged with sex crimes used to be its spokesperson: John Rietveld spoke to media in 1990s on policies protecting youth from sexual abuse
- May 28, 2021 — kmlaw.ca Victims of Ralph Rowe: Koskie Minsky LLP has commenced a class action against Ralph Rowe, Scouts Canada and the Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Keewatin
- November 6, 2020 — cbc.ca Convicted sex offender Donald Sullivan had volunteered with Scouts Canada in N.L.: Sullivan was 68 when he was convicted in Ontario in 2019
- November 3, 2020 — cbc.ca Thunder Bay police charge Scouts leader with sexual offences involving a minor
- September 12, 2019 — ottawacitizen.com 'Twisted damage:' Ex-Ottawa Boy Scout leader jailed six years for child-sex crimes